PLEASE BE COVID-19 AWARE WHEN USING THE PLAYGROUND AT THE MEMORIAL CLUB.
In order for the playground to be open, it has been necessary for us to restrict the maximum number of children using the playground at any one time to 8 with further restrictions on the maximum number using particular pieces of play equipment.
In addition, Government guidelines advise the following:
HYGIENE - Scientific advice suggests that the virus can survive for up to several days on some hard surfaces.
These risks are reduced when outdoors, where surfaces may be subject to UV light and/or rain. However, coronavirus could survive long enough on frequently used/touched outdoor surfaces to facilitate transmission.
When possible, we ask that you protect yourselves and the community by using hand sanitiser before you enter the playground and regularly throughout your stay and on leaving the playground. Wash your hands thoroughly when you get home for 20 seconds with soap and water.
We also encourage you or any child in your care to:
● not touch your face
● cough/sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available
● not to put your mouth on any equipment or put your hands in your mouth
● not eat or drink in this playground.
Please place all litter including cleaning equipment, tissues, gloves and masks in the bin provided. If this bin is full, please take your rubbish home with you.
You can further help your community by rubbing down touch points on equipment that your child will be using / has used with suitable cleaning fluid.
SOCIAL DISTANCING - Social distancing aims to reduce social interaction between people to minimise the opportunity for transmission of COVID-19.
Wherever possible you should aim to keep 2m apart from anyone who is not a member of your household. This may mean that you need to, or encourage your child or children to:
● only have 1 adult supervising each family group
● wait at a safe distance until others have finished using the equipment
● not exceed the maximum number of users in the playground or on the piece of equipment at any one time
● respect the equipment and seating that has been closed off to promote social distancing
Thank you for your co-operation, and play safe!